Welcome to Sand Springs
In 1905, Charles E. Page struck it rich with oil wells near Tulsa, but he never forgot where he came from – a poor, struggling family held together by his widowed mother. Page purchased 160 acres west of Tulsa and created a home for orphaned children. Wanting to ensure the home’s long-term success, Page enticed people to move to Sand Springs with free land for families, relocation bonuses for businesses and a railway. Today, Sand Springs is a thriving community and Page’s Sand Springs Home still houses children and families, more than a century later.