A touching video about the special elephants who live at the Hugo Endangered Ark Foundation, which is a sanctuary for many elephants.
The Choctaw County seat has some far-reaching roots. The area was first settled by Choctaw Indians who had been forced from their homes in the southeastern United States. When the town was officially founded in 1901, it was named for the French author of Les Misérables and the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Victor Hugo. Further adding to the town’s diversity, a number of circuses have been attracted by the mild climate and welcoming atmosphere. Since 1942, 15 different circuses have called Hugo their winter home.